Friday, June 24, 2011

REVIEW - Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation


I've been hearing a lot of good things about Argan oil so when Sephora started selling this Serum Foundation, I was pretty excited. Just the word serium sounded super moisturizing. Plus I wouldn't have to worry about finding the right color, it changes color to match your skin tone!



I'm starting to collect more bottles of foundation than I'd like to, so I went to the local Sephora store to give it a try. There were only two colors at the time, Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I chose Light/Medium (I'm a NC30).

When dispensed the first pump onto the back of my hand, I was surprised by the look of the serum foundation. It was white and had small grains of color, almost like an exfoliating wash. When applied to my face, it very quickly changed color, within 3 seconds! It was a surprisingly good color match, and blended with my skin so well. I purchased!

When I got home and applied it all the my face, I took a close look at the large pores on my cheeks. I have never seen a liquid foundation hide pores so well! It was almost magical! The foundation also gives a matte finish, something I feel indifferent too. One one hand it gives my face a softer finish but I prefer a dewy finish - more natural (and a probable like for drier skinned girls like me).

Unfortunately, when I took a step back, I can see the difference in color between my face and my neck. My face is noticeably more red/orange. :(

I visited the Sephora site today, and they have a new color, the lightest, Fair/Light. I might have to go back and sample again, this time, all over my face. XD

Sensitivities: 0 (zero). On a day without eczema breakout, none.
Pros: Covers pores extremely well. Very good coverage on my red prone face.
Cons: A little orange / red for my skintone (I'm a Mac NC 30). Pricey $45 for a 1oz. bottle. Not moisturizing, it dries to a matte finish. Towards the end of the day, my skin was a little dry.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment