Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Haircut + Fave Hair Product :)

I have been obsessing over short haircuts!  
Figure its time to get a new style since my hair is a bit longer now, plus it's been clumping near my forehead.  FYI, my hair was previously a short bob. :)

I narrowed down to about 3 hairstyles:

Pictured from top to bottom:  
Seung Yeon from the kpop band Kara, she is so cute in this short style.
Jung Nicole also from Kara, I love the layering in the back!
Model from Popteen magazine, anybody know her name?  I love the straight hair framing her face and the arrangement of hair at top.


I've got pretty thin/fine hair and need lots of volume at the top of my head to balance out my face.  I've also gained a bit of weight recently and its showing, oops :X  For this concern, I wanted hair that will cover both sides of my face, to make my face look more slim. :)

So I took the above three pictures to my local hairstylist and asked her which she thinks would work best on me.  Instead of just picking one, she said she will cut something *similar* and ensure there would be the face framing layers I wanted. 


Here is the result:
Wore minimal makeup, felt the need to pixelize my nose+lips :)

I like all the volume I have on the top now :)

Excuse the dead eyes X.X, I wasn't wearing much eye makeup :P
Though I didn't perm my hair, this was the result of curling my hair with a tiny 1/2" Revlon hair straightener.  

I don't like putting hair product at my roots, it makes my scalp itchy :P  Anybody else out there like that?  hehe :) 
I managed to find mini solutions to get around using product at my scalp.
1)  For lots of body, use a mini crimper at the roots, make sure its hidden by uncrimped hair at the top.
2)  Use hair product at least 3" - 4" away from the roots.
3)  Use products that are lightweight.  I've had good experience with glazes and sprays.



My favorite hair product, Chi thermal protection spray.  
It protects your hair AND keeps the shape of your hair for a long time!  For me it can last as long as the next day, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment